The Kentucky Association of School Business Officials recognizes outstanding KASBO members who exemplify professionalism, leadership, and innovation in the field of school business management. This recognition is called the Goldenrod Outstanding School Business Official Award. It is given annually to an individual who best represents exemplary practices and standards of school business in a Kentucky public school district. Our state winner is also recognized by the Southeastern Association of School Business Officials at its Annual Conference.
Any active member of KASBO or the nominee’s Superintendent may submit nominations for the OSBO Award below:
● Electronic Nomination Submission
● Additional information regarding the nominee, if appropriate, may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The completed application must be submitted on or before September 15, of each year.
Nominees for the Goldenrod Outstanding School Business Official Award must be employed by a Kentucky public school district and must be a current active KASBO member who has been a KASBO member for at least five years. Current KASBO officers, KASBO board members, and KASBO Goldenrod Outstanding School Business Official Award Committee members are not eligible for consideration.
A committee established by the KASBO Board will review nominees objectively. The committee reserves the right to request additional information on any nominee and to not name a winner if an insufficient number of nominations are received. Each nomination will remain valid and kept on file for three years, unless withdrawn by either the nominee or nominating party.
The recipient will receive the following:
● Presentation of the award will be made at his/her local school board meeting.
● An appropriate commemorative item will be given.
● A presentation will be made at the KASBO conference.
● Expense-paid trip to the SASBO annual conference is included, courtesy of KASBO, with recognition at the SASBO General Session and an award winners’ breakfast.
● $1,000 scholarship will be funded by KASBO to be awarded by the recipient to a deserving student in the recipient’s district. Student selection will be determined at the discretion of the KASBO award recipient.
● Assistance from a SASBO member in applying for an ASBO International award is available, if desired.
The award will be presented to the successful candidate at a School Board meeting in his/her home district whenever possible.